SFHC is beyond thrilled to announce the release of an incredible new documentary, The Ants and the Grasshopper (https://www.antsandgrasshopper.org/), directed by Raj Patel and Zak Piper. The film follows the story of Anita Chitaya, who has been a… Read More
Farmer-led Agroecological Research in Malawi using Scenarios for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (FARMS4Biodiversity)
FARMS4Biodiversity is an ambitious, interdisciplinary, multi-scalar project designed to address biodiversity conservation, support ecosystem services and improve food security under scenarios of land-use change in the Global South.
- Can agreocological practices buffer against the loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services in Malawi?
- Are there breakpoints of adoption above which biodiversity is best retained?
- Do social roles and forces influence agroecological adoption and resilience in Malawian smallholder farming households/communities?
- Can participatory scenario planning enhance long-term community resilience and bioviersity?
- Do new institutional and policy frameworks facilitate agroecologial practice adoption to support biodiversity?
The complete proposal consists of four interrelated work packages; click on one to learn more.
Additional funding for FARMS4Biodiversity is provided by: