Earlier this month, SFHC Collaborator Rachel Bezner Kerr attended the exciting launch of new BiodivERsA projects in Helsinki–including their support for SFHC’s own FARMS4Biodiversity. BiodivERsA is a network of funding organizations united to support research on the conservation… Read More
SFHC Center Construction
Fundraising Goals for SFHC Farmer Research and Training Center Construction
Total Cost: $6,973
- $10 buys a bag of cement (we need 150).
- $20 buys a carton of tiles (we need 75).
- $55 buys one of three trips to the quarry for stones.
- $234.27 buys all 17 thousand bricks.
Total Cost: $1309
- $4.50 buys a PVC pipe.
- $75 pays for all six hand washing basins.
- $320 pays for all the PVC pipes needed to finish plumbing.
Total Cost: $5449
- $2 buys a pair of window handles (we need 30).
- $9.50 buys a lock (we need 20).
- $62 buys a hardwood door (we need 12).
- $60 buys all the nails we need to complete construction.
Total Cost: $2,110
- $3.40 buys a light bulb.
- $13 buys 15 meters of wire.
- $48 buys our Distribution Board.
- $77 pays for all Phase I Pipe Work.
Total Cost: $3,681
- $20 buys all the clear varnish we need.
- $30 buys a roll of sand paper.
- $57 pays for all the paintbrushes we need.
Total Cost: $6,055
- $14 pays for one day of training for one farmer.
- $42 pays for all 60 exercise books required for one workshop.
- $100 pays a facilitator for five days of training.
- $150 pays one promoter’s salary for one month.