Stephanie Enloe, Rachel Bezner Kerr, Sidney Madsen and Noelle LaDue shared their work with SFHC this October at the 7th Annual Sociology of Development Conference at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. During a section of the conference… Read More
SFHC Center Construction
Fundraising Goals for SFHC Farmer Research and Training Center Construction
Total Cost: $6,973
- $10 buys a bag of cement (we need 150).
- $20 buys a carton of tiles (we need 75).
- $55 buys one of three trips to the quarry for stones.
- $234.27 buys all 17 thousand bricks.
Total Cost: $1309
- $4.50 buys a PVC pipe.
- $75 pays for all six hand washing basins.
- $320 pays for all the PVC pipes needed to finish plumbing.
Total Cost: $5449
- $2 buys a pair of window handles (we need 30).
- $9.50 buys a lock (we need 20).
- $62 buys a hardwood door (we need 12).
- $60 buys all the nails we need to complete construction.
Total Cost: $2,110
- $3.40 buys a light bulb.
- $13 buys 15 meters of wire.
- $48 buys our Distribution Board.
- $77 pays for all Phase I Pipe Work.
Total Cost: $3,681
- $20 buys all the clear varnish we need.
- $30 buys a roll of sand paper.
- $57 pays for all the paintbrushes we need.
Total Cost: $6,055
- $14 pays for one day of training for one farmer.
- $42 pays for all 60 exercise books required for one workshop.
- $100 pays a facilitator for five days of training.
- $150 pays one promoter’s salary for one month.